Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What are you really saying....?

What are you really saying....?


Excuse me...what did you say? Did you say what I 'think' you did?

I am an observer of pretty much everything, not much goes by me and as an Energy Healer and Spiritual Teacher it is a part of my job to be aware. Consequently I quietly tune in and listen, feel, see, smell, taste and touch my way through life reading the energies present and being aware of my own as I come into the mix of co-creating with others.

Recently I was at a friends' house and we were talking about a recent house guest of hers that had stayed for a ten day period. This friend of mine has three dogs whom she dearly loves, they are like her children. Like all dogs they bark when visitors arrive or other dogs walk past the front window. This house guest would say "Stifle." to the dogs. This offended my friend very much. I was interested because I did not see anything rude with the word 'stifle.' 

I am from the UK and to me this word means cease or tone it down, but here in the US it has a different connotation. She explained to me that there was a show with with a character called Archie Bunker who used to say this to his Wife in a derogatory manner. Therefore she associated her friends words with this memory and the energy within which Archie Bunker spoke to his Wife. Being very protective of her dogs she found this to be very rude indeed!

Now, I don't know what her friends' intention was because I was not there AND I am not a mind reader and neither is my girlfriend. I got to thinking about the differences that we have culturally and geographically with words and speech. How many times have do we make an  assumption about what another is saying or not saying based on our own beliefs and experiences, in this case watching a show. The answer is ALL THE TIME! Most of the time we are not listening to one another and we are assuming we know and reacting to the conversation. This creates (as I am sure you are getting) all  kinds of messes and hurt feelings etc. 

I often refer back to the age old statement that 'Silence is Golden.' it really is, very often I say nothing until I have sought counsel from my Spiritual Guides. The results 'speak' for themselves, I have less opinions and judgments and that just feels really good. I also know when to 'speak up' and feel totally confident in doing so because I work through things before I voice them. Therefore I say what I mean and mean what I say, I am able to be authentic with others. The power of the Word has been expressed for 1000's of years in ancient writings and Spiritual teachings from the bible and Genesis to the ancient mantra's of Sanskrit and the Hebrew of the Qabbalah. The Power of the Word is creation itself! Take a moment to consider this, maybe spend a day in silence and see what you can really hear. I recently spend the last three months on a Spiritual journey and on that journey I had to quit listening to music, TV and reading. It is amazing what you can hear in the silence, in particular the things you say to yourself! Words are power, how you express them have the power to dis-empower or empower, this goes for whether you verbalize them or the ones you listen to in your mind.

One of the books I recommend to my Clients is a book called the Four Agreements by Toltec Teacher Don, Miguel Ruiz. In this book he teaches about impeccability of the Word among other great things. It is definitely worth the read! You can order this book on my website www.mysticsjourney.com if you would like. It is the kind of book that you can return to again and again and remind yourself of these four simple truths of living a Lighter life.



You can click here to go directly to my online store.


I hope that I have given you some food for thought in this writing. Oftentimes we are still attached to a story in our lives and we can't let it go, this results in negative words inner and outer. As a Healer I recommend a cord cutting and perhaps some etheric surgery to help you remove the thought forms that are so very bothersome. Our tendency is to keep running the same old story over and over in our heads, this is one of the effect of words! If you would like some help with this please contact me at info@mysticsjourney.com or 239-272-5168.


My final word is.....Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment