Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Journey of the Fool

Hi There,

Apologies, but it has been awhile since I have blogged and this is in part because I wanted to take a moment and look at and reevaluate what I am creating in life. You see in the beginning of the Summer my world and what I was doing changed significantly and it has taken me until now to unravel all of the pieces and get clear of what needs to go and what needs to be recreated and what can stay! One of things that I got really clear on is how attached I was to how things were and that in my attempt to resist change (unconsciously, I might add) I was trying to reinvent the wheel in the same way!

This blog is about attachments and how they hold us back from truly moving forward. So to give you an example of what I am talking about I used to walk pretty much every day before I moved to my new neighborhood. When I moved back in May the scenery changed and life became very busy, what with the move and change of business etc. I stopped walking, my excuse was that I did not have the right environment to walk in ( I moved from a gated community with preserve) to a neighborhood, a 15 minute walk from the beach.... But I had forgotten about my daily walks and the joy they brought to me because of the change of scenery.

I had begun feel caged in lately and Spirit kept telling me go outside, finally I listened! I walked to the park, a good half hour away and found a place that is private that I could sit and commune with nature. Yes, it is different, however it totally fills my cup and I love it. I couldn't believe that I was keeping myself from this and I asked Spirit why....

This is what she said.... Humans are creatures of habit and we get used to a certain way of living and doing and when this is disrupted we try to hang on to what was. This is due mainly to fear of the unknown. If something is unlike what was, we are thrown and try to recreate the same. This is called being attached to the past. For many it is easier to stay in a chaotic situation than it is to make a change. I personally know someone who is very dear to me who is in this type of situation and it is far more damaging than not taking a walk (although for me it turns out that going outside and being with nature is as necessary as breathing) for her she is very sad and very stuck. She has decided that this is her life and yet her soul is practically yelling at her to make changes. I hope and pray that she does. The point is this, I was trying to recreate the same in many areas of my life because I had gotten used to the way things were, even though I wasn't happy. 

Now I stand at the threshold of a new journey, much like the Fool who asks the question Who Am I and Where am I going. The honest answer is I do not know, but what I do know is that I am never alone and I do not wish to go back, only forward. My hope and prayers for you is that you will see the benefit of letting go of what no longer serves you and move into the unknown with self belief and confidence. Spirit is always holding your hand.


Namaste

Samantha Banks
www.mysticsjourney.com

No comments:

Post a Comment